Saturday 27 July 2013

Will you be there? - by Zanele Tyutula When seconds ricochet their beat Incessantly When inevitably time runs into a Fade and eyes enervate from Hoping for the sight that they Have longed for. Promise me you will be there! Will you be there as a beacon to Them whom triviality has denied A second take on hope Those whose hope is not for the Tangible bread that invigorates The stomach But theirs is the thirst for Knowledge Theirs is the hunger for power They are the ones who Reluctantly have been made Captives of dispair, Oh but promise me you'll be there! If you promise me that, I will sit Here silenced with a content Heart, while I envisage the Liberation of them, My prisoners of hope My flesh I will not contend you Incarcerating For visions will turn my years into months, Months into days Days into hours for us to finally Chant a new freedom tune But will you promise me that hope

No comments:

Post a Comment